If you don’t already know, American Giant produces durable clothing using 100% USA materials and labor. USA made quality still means something to many around the world.
Because they also pay extreme care in designing their pieces, they dare to offer lifetime warranty for full price items.
I’m reviewing items I actually have tried or do wear.
Classic Full Zips Hoodie
My top pick!
- 100% cotton
- heavy weight
- best for cool, dry spring/fall days
- shape holding construction (no slouch look)
- elbow patch that extends under the forearm
- the hood doesn’t cling to your forehead and cover your eyes
- these are not cheap but it will last a long time, being a Konmari convert, not buying junk also helps me save money and live green.
Essential Full Zips Hoodie
- cheaper, lighter
- Super soft material using Supima cotton and modal fiber (made from beechwood) mix
- good for lounging around
100% Cotton Preiume T
It did not work for me, I returned it.
- designed for slender, long shaped ladies
- comfortable material but white was too see-through for my taste
- my aunt love dark colored longsleeve ones for layering yet they are stylish enough for indoors without other layers.
Good to Know
- Don’t Wait Too Long, Colors Changes Often!
- Be sure to check the size chart, though most returns are honored but free return shipping do take a week or two.
- Instead of exchanging items, they ask you to buy again and return the unwanted items.
American Giant Referral Coupon
- This refer a friend link saves new customer 15% on their first purchase and I get $15 for referring you.
- These are so well made, it might be a long time before I get to use my rewards.
I hope you’ll enjoy your American Giant as much I do.
The USA Made T-Shirt Search Requirements
- made in USA, of course
- traditional unisex cut, short sleeves
- not too thin/see-through
- not too long
- not form fitting
SOS from Texas Is The Winner
Needed to kiss a few t-shirt frogs before I found my t-shirt prince, do keep in mind that I am short and a little chubby.
- American Apparel
$18 each, can’t tell where their cotton/fabrics are from. Don’t think I’m their target consumer… I decided not to buy from them.
- All American Clothing Co.
$11.99 each, I believe the cotton/fabrics are from USA
I bought both unisex and women’s plus few pairs of jeans (Can’t help it, they have petite length.) Thought the material is nice, the shirts don’t fit me right and too long for me. Kept the jeans, LOVE them! (not vanity sizing, be sure to consult their sizing chart)
- American Giant
$24.50 each, I believe the cotton/fabrics are all made in USA here, too.
They are famous for their hoodies, I bought 1 hoodies and a few unisex and women’s t-shirts. Same fitting issues as before, the material for women’s premium t-shirt is lovely and fashionable but too see-through for me. I kept the hoody, LOVE this, too.
- SOS from Texas <<< The Winner! >>>
- $12.50 each. Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Good price and ORGANIC!
- “From Dirt to Shirt”–Sold by the actual organic farmers
- The fit is what I wanted/expected (like the blank t-shirt from the craft shops)
- I kept all but one (I did expected the fit might not work), donated it to my local 100% volunteer thrift shop
- Then I ordered long-sleeve t-shirts for the fall and winter
Softest T-Shirt I Have
When I first touched it, I knew I love it. The t-shirt has a cushiony feel, a different kind of soft from the Supima t-shirts on the market but SOS shirts feel so much better against the body.
For the softest, go with “Natural”
I’ve washed the natural (not bleached) shirts many times now, they still feel great. They told me these would shrink about 1/2 inch after first wash but they still work for me.
White shirt is the next softest. The colored shirts are closer to the white t-shirt out there.
I called SOS from Texas to get help on size and color. The lovely lady actually pulled and measured a t-shirt for me. You might not get them on the first try (I’m guessing it’s a smaller outfit then the others) but don’t give up, it’s worth it!
Their site mentioned “Items may be returned for refund if they have not been washed or worn. If returning for an exchange, please include $6.50 for return shipping.”
P. S. Want more USA made goods? See what else I actually use or shop at my Made in USA Amazon Store.