Cleaning after Konmari Process
Now that I’m Konmari Clean, it was time to put my things in their permanent homes and cleaning their new homes was the first step.
Using the older style microfiber cloth was very frustrating. The small dust balls it gathers are very hard to wash off and surfaces often need more wiping. Even after I dusted with Swiffer, I still have trouble with it.
I started looking on Amazon for newer, greener technology. It seems Nano cloth is the talk of the town. It only needs water, not chemical, to use.
Made in USA
The top seller was not made in USA and I didn’t like that it has long fibers. I can just imagine the towel trapping all kinds of particles. The thicker material would dry slower after hand washing and would smell after a while.
Then I found the paper like Spiff Cloth, made in USA!
Amazing results on smooth surfaces
Just add water–it works! No chemical necessary.
Not so good for
Sticky residue from strong tapes or thick old kitchen grimes (thin grimes are easy to wipe away without much elbow grease. See the before and after photo of my old stereo.)
What else do I like about it?
- Easy to wash clean by hand (use soap and warm water)
- Dries fast
- Cut your own size (I cut the 16″x16″ sheet in half)
- Sturdy (we’ve even cleaned outside windows with it, no damage to the cloth at all)
More to know
- For maximun result, be sure to wring it as dry as you can
- For thick dust layer, dusting or vaccumming before wiping makes it easier, faster
- For soaking up spills, I recommend Shaxon Ultra Absorbent Microfiber Cloths (6-pk) from Amazon or Frys (also easy to wash clean and dries fast, sadly not made in USA)
- If it looks a bit dirty after washing, it still cleans just fine.
- Buy direct from Lawrence and Berit Hines
- Or buy from Amazon
Where to Buy
Spiff Cloth Bonus Coupon from The Hines
Buy 7 or more, get 2 free! [ Good thru 4/30/2020 ]
- Buy direct from SpiffCloth.com
- Select an option with 7 or more cloth
- When you check out, type in SPRING2020 in the COMMENT field.