I was using Scotch-Brite Greener Clean Natural Fiber Non-Scratch Scrub Sponges for a few years then I switch to try Full Circle In a Nutshell Walnut Scrubber Sponges (Non-Scratch), mostly to see if how they would compare.
- Made from 100% plant-based fiber
- Should be disposed with regular garbage, not in compose or recycle bins (according to 3M and Full Circle)
- The scrubbing layers worn out before the sponge layers
- Not for scrubbing non-stick surfaces
Scotch-Brite Greener Clean Scrub Sponges
- Made in USA
- 50% of the scrubbing layer is made from agave plant (see video)
- Sanitize in the dishwasher or by boiling
Full Circle In a Nutshell Scrubber Sponges
- Made in Canada
- The scrubbing layer is made from walnut shells (doesn’t cause allergic reactions, according to Full Circle)
- Sanitize in the microwave
- The Greener Clean Scrub Sponges lasted longer for me. I just can’t throw a sponge away every few weeks. You are not suppose to nuke this sponge in microwave (as noted on the packaging), so I sanitize it by pouring boiling water on it after squeezing it dry.
- They are cheaper, especially if you buy in bulk
- They are made in USA
NOTE: I also use Scotch-Brite Greener Clean Absorbent Sponge. It is more spongy than the sponge part of the scrubber.
Choose Full Circle Scrubber Sponges if you:
- Want to be able to nuke it
- Replace your sponges often enough, it doesn’t matter that scrubbing layer wears quickly. (If it lasted as long, I wouldn’t mind using a Cananda made product)