The sun is blazing out there but you couldn’t park your car under the shade. Blasting A/C isn’t a good option since you first have to endure the hot air. Wouldn’t it be great if you can cool down the car before you get inside and give your poor A/C a little help?
A friend found a clip from a Japanese show with this tip from an air dynamic professor.
What do you do?
- Roll the driver side window all the way down
- Close all other windows
- Open and close the front passenger door at least 5 times (you don’t slam the door shut, just close and open normally)
In the video the car went from 41.6 C (106.88 F) to 33.5 C (92.3 F) , with the outside temperature at 30.5 C (86.9 F).
How does it work?
It works not by pushing hot air out the driver’s window but by sucking cool air in with the passenger door.
Notes: (from the video)
- Be careful not to jam your fingers under the door lever
- Make sure there are enough space for you to open your door fully
- Be sure other cars and people are in a safe distance
A friend tried it and said it works well. Let me know if it works for you, too!